Online media has empowered user to share his views to a vast majority. People are tweeting & blogging about their likes & dislikes.
They are writing anything about anything, Yes about your product too.So are you well aware of what’s being said about you? How you manage your company’s online reputation, which has now become very important in past couple of years.
Mike is not alone here, anyone can be confuse on our your complex product and can warn his prospects never to try you, they do not care of your satisfaction.
So only great products or better services is not the answer of this possible crisis. You will have to make them happy again right there. Unfortunately most of the companies are using social media as another selling tool and fortunately they are getting failed.
Businesses today are serving to the most empowered customers in history. Therefore now customer is considered as a friend/enemy of your business. It’s up to you how you get their trouble solved and respond them as quickly as possible.
My answer to this challenge is to empower your employees. Let a human deal with a human.
- Ask your IT dept not to ban twitter and other social networking site anymore.
- Set a social media policy and guidelines.
- Find the social guys (I call them Rock Stars) out of your staff and encourage them to talk on behalf of the company online.
- Be there to support the innovative ideas of your staff and help them to apply.
- Provide them the tools to manage possible risk & let them install Tweet-deck too.
- Do not shit next time, “why you are installing Photoshop on the company’s computer.” Believe me, ideas can come from any level of the organization any time and they can take you to higher. Encourage them to be creative, look for the solutions with a new set of eyes.
- Let the Rock Stars to spread social virus to others inside the company.
What makes the difference is weather the company has organized itself and employees to use the social tools to make their customer happy. Remember social media is to
sell TAKE CARE of your customers. Take Care!