We no longer like emails as much as we used to do. Why. This is because it takes lot of time and still the uncertainty stays with it.
In fact now people are buying t-shirts like the one below. I think I and you need one too. It can be purchased from here.
Any way.. let’s move on.
Writing email and business letter was first thing which I learned back in 2007. I’m still learning how to write an email under 5 sentences.
One thing which I learned about email and many people miss is: The purpose of email is to get the work done. Email is not about all-this-and-that.
It is all and only about to get the work done.
Here is how I do it.
- please don’t write email. please. unless it is truly needed.
- please write them back at earliest, as they wrote because it was truly needed.
- if all you need to give them one sentence information, send ’em a text message or make a call.
- write action points in bold.
- if someone has written you an email to inform about something important, please write ’em back that you have read the email.
- make full use of subject to provide heart of the message.
- avoid formal sentences.
- use words, instead of sentence.
- use many fullstops. When you add fullstop you mean it in what so ever.
- make use of bullets.
- make use of social media. If you can approach to the receiver fatser using Facebook or Twitter, go for it.
Like me, if you are one who likes short email messages. Consider adding your tip(s) in comments below.
Technorati code: 6H5X4P7KRE7Z